Sunday, May 21, 2006

New Instalment: Tiki Bar TV Recipe Reviews!

Little by little I've been building up my liquor cabinet. And if you've ever attempted to get a decent home bar going, you know that things can start to add up pretty quickly. For years, I've always had the basic ingedients that I've needed to make whatever I liked, but I never really had a killer arsonal of booze, capable of mixing anything under the sun, and ready to go at a moments notice. However, it has begun.

So, what better excuse to buy even more booze than making the cocktails seen on the greatest show in the world, Tiki Bar TV. Now, I don't have the complete and ultimate TBTV bar setup yet, but I'm getting close. I'm just missing a few of the ingredients that are a little more obscure. They will probably come last, but they are still needed for the drinks to taste right.

I am going to tell you what I think about the drinks seen on the show and give you my opinion of them. I'll recommend the drinks I think that are good, and point out the drinks that I think are so-so or bad. It has, and will take more money and "research" to reach the point of tiki bar supremacy, but hopefully something constructive will come out of it besides getting tore up. I'll rate each drink on a scale of 1 - 5 tikis, 5 tikis of course being superb. Enjoy, and I look forward to your reviews and comments as well.

So, up to this point what do you need to have in your liquor collection to match what Johnny Johnny wields in the show? See all the recipes here.

Here's a shopping list for you that I've complied of everything you will need to make the drinks yourself.
  • Gold Tequila
  • White Tequila
  • Vodka
  • Orange Vodka
  • Gin
  • Bourbon
  • Rye
  • Brandy
  • Cherry Brandy
  • Scotch
  • Dark Rum
  • Gold Rum
  • 151 Rum
  • White Rum
  • Spiced Rum
  • Cuban Rum or Puerto Rican Gold Rum
  • Newfoundland Screech
  • Southern Comfort
  • Ameretto
  • Chambord
  • Banana Liqueur
  • Melon Liqueur
  • Apple Liqueur
  • Sloe Gin
  • Triple Sec
  • Orange Curacao
  • Champagne
  • Ice
  • Roses Lime Juice
  • Limes
  • Margarita Salt
  • Ginger Ale
  • Mint Sprigs
  • Orange Juice
  • Grapefruit Juice
  • Lychee Juice
  • Guava juice
  • Mango Juice
  • Soda Water
  • Lemonade
  • Pineapple Juice
  • Grenadine
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Sour Mix
  • Cherries
  • Maple Syrup
  • Simple Syrup
  • Bananas
  • Milk
  • Bitters
  • Coconut Cream

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Poo,
Next time I am in Cali I hope I am invited over for a nice tall glass of Lychee juice ;)

Trish.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home