Monday, May 22, 2006

Tiki Bar TV Recipe Review #1: Trader Woody's Drink


I thought I'd start with a drink from an older episode. Trader Woody's Drink is a pretty serious rum concoction for all you folks that might prefer a sweeter, more mellow cocktail. But while it was maybe a bit on the strong side, it certainly wasn't too strong. The one thing that I thought was overpowering about it though was the Amaretto. Next time I make it, I'll use 1/2 oz. of it instead of 1 oz. as per the recipe. For me, the Amaretto was just too overpowering, and tended to dominate the taste of the drink. Overall, not a bad start for our tiki drinks. I give Trader Woody's Drink a solid 3 out of 5 tikis.

4 Comments:

Blogger Butchie said...

Awesome. I like booze quite a bit.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't like amaretto. There I said it. It felt good to get that off of my chest :)

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really like amaretto either. Who does? hahaha.

Awesome review. What recipe is next?

8:50 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

dang i wanna make this one now! *drool*

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home